Homepage image gallery
Images to be included as part of the rotator on the Lab homepage may be uploaded here:
Images uploaded with this form must conform to the following requirements:
- Image must have a valid image file extension
- Image must be under 500 MB
- Image must have dimensions 650 width x 320 height. Do not change the relative proportions of height and width when you resize. Just crop and isotropically shrink. Note this may require adding white space to the sides of the image.
- File name of image must be in the following format: paperid__identifier.ext where 'paperid' is a valid paper ID on our list of papers, 'identifier' may be any arbitrary string consisting of alphanumeric characters and underscores, and 'ext' must be a valid image extension
- Thus, http://www.gersteinlab.org/media/images/ncvar__Figure6v3.jpg relates to paper http://papers.gersteinlab.org/papers/ncvar/ and shows on the homepage as http://www.gersteinlab.org/image.php?file=ncvar__Figure6v3.jpg
- To check whether a paper ID is valid, see whether the URL http://papers.gersteinlab.org/papers/paperid/ (replace "paperid" with your paper ID) leads to a valid Papers page.
Old archived images may be viewed here: http://archive.gersteinlab.org/images/old
To view a particular image on the homepage, view http://gersteinlab.org/image.php?file=FILENAME, replacing FILENAME with the file name of the image you would like to view.
A page describing how one can get a rough, captioned image gallery
For internal info on the homepage image gallery see: http://wiki.gersteinlab.org/labinfo/Homepage_image_gallery